Thursday, October 26, 2023
11 a.m.–4 p.m.
Please join us at Career Exploration Day!
BC’s Career Exploration Day (CED) is a career fair styled-event designed to bring current students, employers, and alumni together to launch student interest in potential majors, careers, and industries. BC alumni will share their industry knowledge and professional journeys with those students who are still exploring career options and employer partners will network with students and advertise internship programs and entry-level job opportunities within their organizations (while also answering questions about their career paths and the industries they represent).
There is no cost or registration fee associated with attendance at CED. In appreciation of your support, lunch will be provided for all participants prior to the event (see below schedule). If multiple representatives from your organization plan to attend (no more than 3 attendees per organization, please), we ask that all participants complete the registration form separately so we can accurately track attendance and collect dietary preferences.
CED will help BC students to answer the questions:
- “What can I do with my major?
- “How can I achieve my future professional goals?
- “What job and internship opportunities are available in my chosen field?”
Share Industry Knowledge, Opportunities, and Your Professional Journey
- If your company is recruiting for entry-level jobs or internships, we encourage you to bring recruitment materials. CED is a great opportunity to network with talented BC students.
- Share how your major (or other college/life experiences) led to your current job or industry.
- Offer students guidance on potential career paths available within a specific industry.
- Advise students how they can gain valuable work experience (part-time jobs, volunteering, internships, etc.) to make them more competitive in their chosen career.
- Explain industry requirements for additional education (grad school, certifications, etc.).
SCHEDULE | Career Exploration Day
- 11 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Arrive on campus & unload materials (Funkhouser Center)
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Welcome & Lunch (Boitnott Room, Rebecca Hall)
- 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Career Exploration Day Event (Funkhouser Center)
REGISTER* ONLINE TO VOLUNTEER FOR CAREER EXPLORATION DAY:
Register to attend by October 10, 2023
*Please be sure that every attendee from your organization completes the event registration form. We will use this information to create an event program for our students.