Focus on performance or music education
In the department of music at Bridgewater College, you will be quickly immersed into a supportive musical environment that will help you hone your skills to reach your career goals. Through ensembles, applied lessons, and other academic music courses, you will explore many facets in the field of music. Music majors may choose between two tracks: Music Performance or Music Education (leading to licensure to teach vocal and/or instrumental music in the schools). The music minor has the flexibility to fit the interest and goals of all students.
What can you do with your music degree?
Like many BC graduates, you might enter graduate schools such as:
- East Carolina University (Voice and Composition)
- University of Florida (Musicology)
- James Madison University (Piano, Music Education)
- University of Maryland (Choral Conducting)
- University of Mississippi (Choral Conducting)
- University of North Carolina (Choral Conducting)
- Shenandoah University (Composition, Church Music, Organ)
- Virginia Tech (Music Education)
- Westminster Choir College (Voice)
Or pursue a career as a:
- Church Music Director
- Teacher (K-12)
Learn more about the options for employment and advancement in music education careers from the National Association for Music Educators.